My Answers to some common Premed Questions
Last edited July 31, 2001


I suggest you visit

The CaRMS (Canadian Residency Matching Service) site contains the eligibility requirements to do a Canadian residency in any of the allopathic specialties, including Family Medicine. My gut hunch is that in order to practice in allopathic medicine, you would need to have entered and completed one of these residencies. I don't think that a homeopathic degree would qualify you to enter CaRMS.

I know that the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM)teaches homeopathy as one of its treatment modalities, and that, at least in BC, all naturopathic doctors (ND's) are required to pass exams to become board-certified before they can practice.

You can check out their web-site at:

The CCNM is located in Toronto. Another College may soon open in Vancouver, but currently the only place where you can obtain a naturopathic ND degree in Canada is in Toronto.

Return to Questions and Answers: