Canadian Premed and Medical Schools  

Go Back   Canadian Premed and Medical Schools > General Premed Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 10:47 AM

Default York Kinesiology First Year 2011

Hello,

So I am currently in my first year of Kinesiology at York University and am taking Kin 1020 and 1000. I have been getting mixed opinions about the difficulty on the exams for these two courses. I was hoping someone could perhaps post some of the types of questions that were on previous exams just so I know the difficulty and how in-depth the questions were. And also, we're there any quotes on the exam and were you required to memorize EVERY single statistic given during lectures? Advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter09 View Post
Hello,

So I am currently in my first year of Kinesiology at York University and am taking Kin 1020 and 1000. I have been getting mixed opinions about the difficulty on the exams for these two courses. I was hoping someone could perhaps post some of the types of questions that were on previous exams just so I know the difficulty and how in-depth the questions were. And also, we're there any quotes on the exam and were you required to memorize EVERY single statistic given during lectures? Advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Know all the statistics, dont have to know the numbers to them obviously.. actually the stuff like how many calories are in a certain type of food is important, she asked us how many were in an apple..
Kuks questions were mostly stuff like "if i go to a buffet and eat alot, what happens to my RMR immediately after" loll

kine 1000 was hard to me. I just kept getting Bs in the exam because most of the questions were all kind of a "which is more right" scenario.. if you took stellar notes you should be good. Thank god for the essays in that class lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curi0user View Post
Know all the statistics, dont have to know the numbers to them obviously.. actually the stuff like how many calories are in a certain type of food is important, she asked us how many were in an apple..
Kuks questions were mostly stuff like "if i go to a buffet and eat alot, what happens to my RMR immediately after" loll

kine 1000 was hard to me. I just kept getting Bs in the exam because most of the questions were all kind of a "which is more right" scenario.. if you took stellar notes you should be good. Thank god for the essays in that class lol.
I loathe the "which is more right scenario" questions. I want to stab people who pull this crap lol