Canadian Premed and Medical Schools  

Go Back   Canadian Premed and Medical Schools > University of British Columbia Medical School
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 PM

Default Prep 101 Exam review course for Chem 121

Has anyone taken the prep 101 exam review courses for Chem 121? Was it high quality/relevant to the final exam? Do you think it helped your grade? I am getting low 60s in the lecture, but doing well in the lab.

Thanks for your thoughts
Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 PM

Hi KatMatt ... hopefully you should have seen that this particular section of the premed forum is dedicated for students applying or within the UBC Undergraduate Medical Program.

In order to maximize the number of relevant responses to your question, thus serving your benefit, please repost your question on a more appropriate forum than this one. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Hey jag@19 - good point. I just figured since it was a pre-req to UBC med, this would also be an okay place to post it. No worries!

Since the thread is already here, I just thought I'd follow up as I see this thread has gotten a lot of views...maybe others are also wondering about my question?

I took the prep 101 course for Chem 121, and I would absolutely recommend it. The instructor was great, and spent a lot of time on the concepts that I found to be the most difficult. I think taking the course allowed me to boost my mark through the final exam.

So anyways...2 thumbs up to prep 101.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:56 PM

I heard mixed opinions about it. I only used their books for chem 123 and 233 and found it extremely useful for chem 123 but not for 233.

Most of my peers told me to just get my hands on their book, as their notes are amazing, and I do agree. But I've been hearing that prep 101 LECTURE is not really useful unless you are overly under-prepared for the exam and need a quick cramming.