Canadian Premed and Medical Schools  

Go Back   Canadian Premed and Medical Schools > General Ontario Discussions (OMSAS)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM

Default reference letters after the deadline?? (OMSAS)

Hey guys,

I am going to apply this year for meds and it says on the website that information such as : "All Confidential Assessment Forms should also be received by this date. Please note: Although failure to meet this deadline does not invalidate an application, it may mean that the application will be sent to the medical schools without these forms and may delay the progress of their first evaluation".

I am going to see my professor in the middle of September and I want to ask him in person versus asking him over email or the phone.... but canadian universities don't issue rolling acceptances so i am unsure if I should just ask him over email or just ask him in person (2 weeks time) and tell him he can send it in at his leisure.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiman View Post
Hey guys,

I am going to apply this year for meds and it says on the website that information such as : "All Confidential Assessment Forms should also be received by this date. Please note: Although failure to meet this deadline does not invalidate an application, it may mean that the application will be sent to the medical schools without these forms and may delay the progress of their first evaluation".

I am going to see my professor in the middle of September and I want to ask him in person versus asking him over email or the phone.... but canadian universities don't issue rolling acceptances so i am unsure if I should just ask him over email or just ask him in person (2 weeks time) and tell him he can send it in at his leisure.
some of mine got in like november i think, wasn't an issue. actually i wasn't accepted so maybe it was